Michael S. Tinnon
Toll Free: 800.779.6337
A native of Lexington, Kentucky, and proud graduate of the University of Kentucky. After college, I attended seminary and upon completion of the Master of Divinity degree, I received a Presidential appointment to serve our nation’s interests as a military chaplain endorsed by the Episcopal Church, USA. As an ordained Episcopal Priest, I was privileged to spend the majority of my military career (28+ years) providing spiritual support to our men and women in uniform. My diverse role as a military chaplain allowed me to travel around the world. This ministry involved fifteen deployed assignments in support of global contingencies to include: Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Kosovo, Honduras, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Nicaragua, and the Republic of Panama.
However, even while serving as a priest and military chaplain, I had always maintained a certain passion to one-day serve in the real estate industry. And while I continue to function as a priest for the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado; my role is more part-time now which has granted the opportunity to pursue this dream.
I am very fortunate and feel most blessed to have been hired to work at Weichert Realtors, Pikes Peak Group. In my short time here, I have met some amazing and dedicated professionals who seek to serve the community of Colorado Springs in ways that transcend their role as real estate brokers.
And as for me, whether serving in the military, church, or real estate – my great joy has always been and will remain – to interact with people – assisting and supporting them in ways that genuinely convey: “I REALLY CARE ABOUT YOU!”
Thus, it is my desire to experience the joy of meeting you and serving you and your real estate needs – whatever those needs require.
Education and Professional Affiliations:
- University of Kentucky, BA, 1972; Nazarene Theological Seminary, Master of Divinity, 1987
- Asbury Theological Seminary, Doctor of Ministry, 2001
- Member, Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Member, Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI)
Background and Experience:
- Over 30 years’ experience proudly serving the U.S. Army & Air Force as a military chaplain endorsed by The Episcopal Church, USA.
- In addition to my role as priest, chaplain, and counselor – I have taught college courses in science, history, philosophy, ethics, and contemporary speech communications.
- Successfully developed and implemented strategic military & civilian programs designed to meet the myriad of needs facing our nation’s military service veterans
- Married 30 years to my wife Becky, also a retired Air Force Chaplain and ordained Episcopal priest. We have three wonderful children: Brad, Ashley and John.
- I spend my spare time writing. I have written several books (just now actively seeking to publish) for young readers under the pen name – Dr. Phineas Peabody.
- My hobbies: Hiking, tennis, running, and traveling around the world.
- As one our agents stated in his biography: “I, too, have been blessed by God in so many ways and I am thankful for the life, family, and journey I have had the opportunity to experience.
- Serving to provide compassionate care and resources for the “needy” in our community